- Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Information on job fairs (in person and virtual) and other hiring events
- Assistance with employment applications
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Résumé critiques
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship
- Information on spouse licensure reimbursement (re-licensing at a new duty station can be costly)
- Army Spouse Employment, Career and Education Resource Links: a good place start investigating employment options
- Military Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (MySECO): education and career guidance for military spouses
- Military OneSource Spouse Education and Employment: a source for trustworthy guidance on entering the workforce
- The Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): Military OneSource’s portal to connect spouses and employers
- USAjobs.gov: the Federal Government’s employment portal
- Home Based Business (HBB): options for businesses that operate from on-post quarters
- The U.S. Department of Labor: transition assistance and employment preparation for military spouses
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Hiring Our Heroes: An initiative that assists veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful employment
- ERP Classes
Career Exploration & Development:
Explore careers that are best suited for your personality type and skill set. Find out what you need to accomplish to obtain your dream job. Create attainable goals to reach the height of your potential. Let us help you on your journey.
Discover how to get into the mindset of the employer and target a resume to a position you are applying for. Learn tips and tricks to get your resume past the automated systems and read by a hiring manager. Create a living document that best highlights who you are and what you can bring to an employer.
If you always wanted Federal employment, this class is for you. Discover the benefits of federal employment, gain an understanding of the federal hiring process, and learn how to target your resume and organize it for the position you are applying for. The process can take months, its best to get started right away.
Interview Skills & Professionalism:
Learn how to market yourself during an interview. Explore the different types of interviews, what to wear, and what questions to ask. Also, learn what they are and are not allowed to ask during an interview, salary negotiations, and how to keep a professional image.
- Evaluating Foreign Education and Translating Transcripts
NACES is the website spouses can go to have foreign education evaluated. However, there is a fee for this service. You can also visit MilitaryOneSource for free translations. Military OneSource provides for the translation of legal qualifying documents for service members and their families. Upon the user’s request, translations will be certified, notarized as necessary, and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Qualifying documents include:
- Marriage licenses
- Adoption paperwork required by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Birth certificates
- School transcripts
For current employment opportunities visit https://www.usajobs.gov/
- Job Fair
There are no job fairs scheduled at this time.
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, retiree, DoD Civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty military, Active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
*Not all programs and classes are available at all ACS facilities.
Are you ready? Contact your Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information.
(Non-Government, No Endorsement Implied)