- large gymnasium
- racquetball court
- combative and group exercise rooms
- rock climbing wall
- male and female sauna
- personal training and massage therapists are available by appointment ONLY!
- Uniform Policy
- Request 24/7 Access
REGISTER NOW: Gruber Gym is now available on Fort Leavenworth 24/7 to all CAC card holders. To use the 24/7 unmanned fitness center, patrons must register their CAC card in person. Registration is currently available by appointment only.
To sign up for an appointment you can check out the available appointments in person at Gruber Gym or you can call 913-684-5120 during regular gym hours. Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 9 am to 11 am or 3 pm to 5 pm.
To request 24/7 access to Gruber Gym, print and fill out BOTH forms, and return to the Gruber Front Desk.
24/7 Access NEED TO KNOW:
(2) All current authorized patrons defined in AR 215-1, Army Military Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs, approved by the Installation Commander, over the age of 18 (Active Duty can be 17) may access the PFC during unmanned hours. By accessing the facility, I agree to report any misuse, abuse, or violations of policies to the Military Police and the PFC staff.
(3) I am not permitted to have guests in the facility during 24/7, unstaffed and unmanned hours.
(4) There will be no supervision or assistance during 24/7, unstaffed and unmanned hours and I am expected to behave in accordance with military rules and standards. Surveillance cameras will record activities within the PFC during unmanned hours. Violations of policies will not be tolerated. As the sponsor, I am responsible for the conduct of my dependents (who must possess their own 24/7 access).
(5) I will swipe my CAC/ID card for entry, and my entry will be logged in the RecTrac database.
(6) Holding or propping the door open is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate loss of my privilege. Sharing my CAC/ID card is considered theft of services and will be prosecuted.
(7) For safety and security, I will ensure the door securely closes following my entry. All other doors will remain closed unless needed for an emergency.
(8) Areas that are not available for use will be locked or clearly marked as restricted.
(9) I will not partake in horseplay or other conduct that may jeopardize others or my safety.
(10) Equipment must remain inside the PFC and will not be taken outside of the facility under any circumstances.
(11) I will identify and assess potential risks before engaging in any activity and will take reasonable precautions to mitigate risk of injury, including exercising with someone or using cardiovascular, weight, or selectorized equipment. Patrons are highly encouraged to use the buddy concept.
(12) A spotter is strongly recommended when using free-weight bars. If a spotter is not available, a power cage will be used. Additionally, I understand it is highly recommended not to exercise above my training limits and experience.
(13) Violation of any of these rules could result in loss of my privileges and subject me to further discipline.
- Fitness Class Schedule
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Classes are first come, first served.
Inclement weather policy
Group fitness classes at Gruber Fitness Center are based on the Garrison's schedule. If post is closed, then all group fitness classes are canceled for that day. When there is a delayed start, all classes prior to the opening of post are canceled and all classes after post has opened will go on as normally scheduled.
In the case of early dismissal, all evening classes will be canceled.
- Personal Training
Studies have clearly shown that people who work with a Personal Trainer will achieve up to 80% better results 3 times faster than on their own.
Personal training is just that — personal! Every session is unique to your body type, needs, goals, and the time frame that you wish to achieve your results. Your trainer will provide a workout program orientation designed to improve your fitness level through cardiovascular exercise and weight training.
- Fidelis +1(407) 312-2255
- Karyn +1(706) 575-5229 (click here to view Karyn's bio)
- Sean +1(913) 240-7094 (click here to view Sean's bio)
- Desiray +1(720) 938-5058 (click here to view Desiray's Bio)
- Massage Therapy
Our massage therapists offer a variety of techniques:
- Sports (Pre and Post Event)
- Advanced Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- LYMPH Drainage
Gift certificates are now available. Major credit cards are accepted.
- Angelika +1(816) 294-7744
- Sandy +1(913) 775-2638
- Lerida +1(316) 204-3356 (click here to view Lerida's Bio)
- Rock climbing wall
The rock climbing wall can be used anytime during normal business hours. The wall is available for anyone ages 4 and up.
Reservations are required 24 hours in advance to ensure Gruber staff is available to supervise. Patrons who want to use the rock wall on their own must become certified.
- Harness and helmets are required (No personal harnesses or helmets allowed).
- Harnesses and helmets can be checked out at the front desk of Gruber.
- Both use of the wall and helmet / harness are free of charge.
To book your slot or to become certified, please call +1(913)684-5120.
CrossFit workouts are located at Harney Sports Complex (Bubble Gym).
- Storage Lockers
Storage lockers are available in the locker rooms.
- $11 per month for small units
- $21 per month for large units
- Rentals are for 6 months or a year and will require payment at time of rental.
- Family Time/Youth Restrictions
There is NO Family Time due to COVID-19!
Family time is 6 to 8 p.m, Monday through Friday and all day on weekends and holidays.
All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable, responsible, and prudent manner in accordance with facility rules and regulations.
Youth may use the adult indoor physical fitness center only under the following provisions:
- Soldier programs must not be displaced.
- Children 12 years old and younger may NOT use mechanical cardiovascular equipment, or strength, sauna, or steam rooms or Jacuzzi areas at any time.
- As a family member, children and youth (15 years and younger), not otherwise prohibited in the AR 215-1, paragraph 8-20d(2), must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- Youth must be a participant in a special program, organized and conducted by CYS, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
There are no runs at this time!
- Civilian Wellness Program
Click here for the Civilian Wellness and Civilian Fitness Program
The Gruber Fitness Center features a fitness room with cardio equipment including a variety of treadmills, cross trainers, steppers, step mills, elliptical and stationary bikes (most with their own televisions). You can also make use of the free weights or plate-loaded machines. Gruber’s circuit training stations allow you to target specific muscle groups..
Gruber Fitness Center features: